Friday, December 3, 2010

Winter Poem

She took everything
That beautiful glisten of her warm smile
The security
Her energy
The infinite happiness
The unconditional love
Everything that I ever encountered when she was here, instantly bloomed
I thought she'd never leave
Summer
So far gone

She comes without warning
Bringing
Sleepless nights
The shaking in my fingers
The bitterness of her grin
Her cold heart makes me sick
Working harder and harder, trying to make her go away
That feeling of being left alone in the dark
The time to give and give
But to never really get
She's pretty selfish if you ask me
But the one thing that she has that Summer never did and never will
Is the ability to stay when times are hard
Winter

1 comment:

  1. You are the most monotonous poem teller I have ever met in my life..... besides that its a pretty good poem

    ReplyDelete