Saturday, November 13, 2010

Direction This Class Needs

Hmmm...Mr. McCarthy, American Literature, new direction?  I think I have a few ideas.  First off, I think that we should have more assessments, or ways to check what we've learned before a big exam.  I personally, found the 10 week assessment challenging and I was very surprised by some of the questions that I saw on it. When it comes to the test context, I think that the vocabulary should be seperate from the readings.  I also think that we shouldn't have to read as much everynight since the books that we read in class are harder to comprehend and they take a bit to process.  I read what is assigned but sometimes I don't get the full effect because I'm so worried that I won't finish on time.  I know that this isn't really "new direction" and it's pretty random, but I think that our concrete notes should be put in the left column of our notes, not our critical thinking.  Sometimes, class is a little boring, since we never really switch things up.  I also think that we should rotate when it comes to reading blogs in class, since a lot of people never read their blogs, that are actually really good.  Another thing I think would be nice, is for Mr. McCarthy to pass back the stuff that we turn in, so that way we can see what we did wrong and fix it for next time.  On another note, there are many things that I enjoy in this class.  I love doing the group work, that way I get to discuss the readings with my peers.  I also think that we talk about things in great detail and usually if I have a question, I know that it'll be answered.  Lastly, I really like how this class isn't stressful, but we still learn. 

1 comment:

  1. I agree with you statements I am also very fond of the group work that we do.

    ReplyDelete